ZESTY SALMON POWER BOWL
- 2 x 260g Tassal Tasmanian Fresh Salmon skin-off
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 red cabbage, core removed, finely sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled, finely sliced into matchsticks
- 4 baby cucumbers, sliced
- 2 packets cooked brown rice (500g)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, melted (40g)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime, rind finely grated and juiced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped (set aside some for garnish)
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped (green if you like it extra hot)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional to serve
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Roasted peanuts, chopped
- Whisk together all ingredients for zesty dressing. Set aside.
- In a pre-heated fry pan, lightly grease and add salmon portions. Cook, turning once, for 2-3 mins. Add lime juice and honey, simmering until reduced slightly and the salmon is cooked.
- Serve rice in bowls and top with cabbage, carrot, cucumber, salmon, pan juices and zesty dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with coriander and peanuts and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Amy Lee Active
kJ: .00, kCal: , Protein: , Fat: ,
Carbohydrate: , Fibre: , Sodium (mg):
Salmon is a great natural source of Vitamin E; a nutrient which studies have shown are crucial for maintaining Super Vision. Salmon is also a source of a number of powerful antioxidants including lutein, zeaxanthin and astaxanthin specifically known for their link to eye health with regular consumption of Omega-3 rich fish is associated with a reduced risk of developing macular degeneration in the eye.