SWEET POTATO AND CARROT FRITTERS WITH SMOKED SALMON
- 100g Tassal Tasmanian Smoked Salmon
- 1 small sweet potato (150g), grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 Tbsp almond meal
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup baby kale
- Combine sweet potato, carrot, almond meal, egg, cumin, parsley, salt and pepper together and mix well.
- Heat oil in a non-stick fry-pan on medium heat and drop tablespoons of mixture into pan to cook. Cook for approximately 3 mins each side, or until golden.
- When fritters are cooked, add kale to pan to warm and wilt slightly. Top fritters with kale and Tassal smoked salmon and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of dietitian Susie Burrell
Who couldn’t do with a little more shut eye? One of the key natural regulators of good night’s sleep is the feel-good hormone serotonin, a chemical found in the brain. Being a rich source of amino acids and containing vitamin B6, Salmon is one of the key foods that naturally boosts the production of serotonin, making salmon the perfect food to help fuel your Super Sleep!