SWEET AND STICKY BBQ SALMON
- 6 120g Tassal salmon portions, skin on
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbps dark brown soft sugar
- 5 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh chives and lemon slices, for garnish
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon zest, garlic, pepper, soy sauce, sugar, water and vegetable oil until sugar dissolves.
- Place salmon portions in a bowl with the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat barbeque to medium and lightly oil. Cook salmon skin side up for approx 1-2 minutes. Turn salmon and cook for a further 2 - 4 minutes on the barbeque, depending on how well done you like your salmon. Basting with the marinade as the salmon cooks. Also cooking times may vary with the thickness of the salmon portions.
- Garnish with chopped chives and lemon slices. Serve with your favourite salad and sides.
Getting the right mix of good fats into our diet each day is important for everyone, in particular for the brains of infants, toddlers and children. Developing brains of small children require a regular intake of Omega-3's to help promote healthy brain function. Salmon is also a rich source of B12 which is associated with a Super Memory, helping to promote memory function and concentration.