SHEPHERDS SALMON PIE
- 2 Tassal Tasmanian Fresh Salmon, skin off & diced into 3cm cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- 500g tomato puree
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled & chopped into
- large chunks
- 100g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup warm milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- At medium heat add oil to a large heavy base saucepan. Sauté onion, garlic and bay leaves until fragrant, then add carrots, celery and capsicum. Stir over a low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add white wine to deglaze the saucepan, and then stir in tomato puree and allowing it to cook through for 5 minutes. Add the eggplant and zucchini and allow it to cook for a further 30 minutes. Add the salmon and stir through for 3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile boil potatoes until tender and drain well. Mash potato thoroughly, and then add the butter and milk, stirring through until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon salmon casserole into 4 dishes and gently top with the potato mash. Sprinkle over Parmesan cheese and place in oven for approximately 15 minutes or until pie is golden. Serve hot.
Growing children and busy working mums and dads need nutritious meals that a quick and the whole family can enjoy, as well as ticking the boxes for taste and nutrition. Salmon provides essential nutrients growing children need to power their Super Play, including Omega-3, protein as well as a range of B group Vitamins as well as providing the key health promoting nutrients busy adults need including Omega-3 fats, selenium, Vitamins D & E and potassium, ensuring salmon is super for the whole family.