SALMON WITH SPICED PUMPKIN & CAULIFLOWER SALAD
- 450g Tassal Fresh Tassie Salmon Side Skin-on
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cauliflower flowerets, blanched
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 200g pumpkin wedges, thinly sliced and blanched
- ½ red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- steamed seasonal vegetables
- baby carrots, beetroot, yellow squash
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C. Heat Oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Remove the salmon side from the packaging and cook salmon 1½ mins on each side beginning with the skin side. Carefully turning with a large fish slide or egg lifter.
- Remove salmon from the pan and place onto a baking tray and finish cooking the side in the preheated oven 150°C for 10 mins.
- Heat the frying pan over a medium heat and add the cauliflower floweret's, chickpeas, pumpkin, capsicum and moroccan Seasoning. Toss and cook slowly over a medium heat until pumpkin is tender 5-7 mins.
- Serve salmon warm with the pumpkin and cauliflower salad and steamed seasonal vegetables and enjoy!
Salmon is a great natural source of Vitamin E; a nutrient which studies have shown are crucial for maintaining Super Vision. Salmon is also a source of a number of powerful antioxidants including lutein, zeaxanthin and astaxanthin specifically known for their link to eye health with regular consumption of Omega-3 rich fish is associated with a reduced risk of developing macular degeneration in the eye.