SALMON POKÉ BOWL
- 260g Tassal Fresh Tassie Salmon Skin-Off
- Sesame Dressing
- 1 Cup Cooked Yellow Rice
- Fresh Corn Off the Cob
- Shelled Edamame
- Baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp Pickled Ginger
- 1 tsp Nori Furikake Rice Seasoning
- Dice Tassal Fresh Salmon Skin-Off and toss with Japanese Sesame Dressing to your taste.
- Arrange the yellow rice at the bottom of the bowl.
- Top with 1 spoonful of fresh corn off the cob and 1 spoonful of shelled edamame.
- Cover the rest of bowl with handful of baby spinach
- Add pickled ginger and top with the Nori Furikake Rice Seasoning.
Recipe courtesy of Melbourne Glutton
The types of fat we eat have been linked to the way we feel for many years and now we know that it is the long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids; DHA and EPA, naturally found in salmon, which studies have shown play a key role in facilitating cellular communication and enhancing brain function. Not only is DHA a major structural component of the brain but Omega-3 fats have also been shown to be involved in the growth of new brain cells. Studies have also shown that individuals who consume oily fish regularly have less cognitive delay as they get older. This means that for a Super Happy, healthy brain, getting the whole family hooked on Omega-3 packed salmon is a no brainer.