SALMON NACHO’S WITH AVO
- 260g Tassal Fresh Tassie Salmon portions, Skin-off
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 packet corn chips
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced – optional
Cheats Pickled slaw
- red cabbage
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 small avocados
- 2 Tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp water
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Prepare the slaw, thinly slice red cabbage and place it in a bowl, massage the salt and pepper and lime juice into it with your hands for 2 mins. This will begin to soften the cabbage.
- To make the avocado cream place the flesh from two avocados, Greek yoghurt, water and ¼ cup coriander in a blender or food processor. Blend on high for 1 min or until smooth.
- Place salmon on a medium heated non-stick frying pan. Sprinkle with paprika and cumin. Allow to cook for 3-4 mins on one side and then turn over and cook for another 3-4 mins. Remove from heat, cover with al foil and allow to rest.
- Spread the corn chips on a large baking tray. Top with cheese, halved cherry tomatoes, frozen corn and red chilli. Cook in the oven for 5-10 mins or until cheese is melted.
- Remove nachos from oven and flake the salmon over the top with pickled slaw and avocado cream. Serve with remaining coriander and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Shelley Good Eats
Each and every day we put our body’s under enormous stress, which promote the inflammatory pathways that can impact our joint health, energy levels, and ability to recovery after high intensity activity. Focusing on anti-inflammatory foods is the easiest ways to help reverse this daily process, and studies have shown the good fat balance found in fresh salmon offers the perfect natural remedy to help buffer the daily stress we put our bodies under, helping to give you the power of Super Healing.