- 2 x 260g Tassal Fresh Tassie Salmon portions, skin-off
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, sliced
Ingredients for Charmoula marinade
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 Spanish onions, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ bunch Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 fresh lemons, juiced
- Olive oil
- Green salad, to serve
- Dice salmon into 4cm cubes.
- Place all Charmoula marinade ingredients into a tall stainless steel or firm plastic container; blend until it is a rough paste with a stick blender. If making the Charmoula ahead of time, transfer it to an air-tight container and pour a thin layer of olive oil on the top, then seal and place in the fridge.
- Thread the salmon, zucchini and asparagus onto skewers. Marinate the salmon skewers for at least 2hrs in the Charmoula marinade. before char-grilling.
- Cook skewers to your liking, serve with salad.
The types of fat we eat have been linked to the way we feel for many years and now we know that it is the long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids; DHA and EPA, naturally found in salmon, which studies have shown play a key role in facilitating cellular communication and enhancing brain function. Not only is DHA a major structural component of the brain but Omega-3 fats have also been shown to be involved in the growth of new brain cells. Studies have also shown that individuals who consume oily fish regularly have less cognitive delay as they get older. This means that for a Super Happy, healthy brain, getting the whole family hooked on Omega-3 packed salmon is a no brainer.