MINI BROWN RICE ARANCINI
- 2 120 g salmon portions, skin off
- 1 1/4 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1-2 cups breadcrumbs
- extra-light olive oil, for shallow frying
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place stock and water in a saucepan; bring to the boil over high heat. Stir in rice, then cover with a lid. Reduce heat to low and cook for 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Bake salmon portions for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove salmon from oven and allow to cool, then flake each portion into small pieces.
- Add salmon and cheese to cooked rice and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Shape the cooled rice mixture into balls.
- Place the plain flour into a wide bowl. Beat the eggs in another bowl and place the breadcrumbs in a third.
- Dip each rice ball in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Place on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large, shallow saucepan over medium heat. Cook balls, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden. Transfer into oven to keep warm prior to serving.
Growing children and busy working mums and dads need nutritious meals that a quick and the whole family can enjoy, as well as ticking the boxes for taste and nutrition. Salmon provides essential nutrients growing children need to power their Super Play, including Omega-3, protein as well as a range of B group Vitamins as well as providing the key health promoting nutrients busy adults need including Omega-3 fats, selenium, Vitamins D & E and potassium, ensuring salmon is super for the whole family.