MAPLE SALMON SALAD
- 300g Tassal Tasmanian Fresh Salmon portions
- 2 medium red onions, cut into small wedges
- 1 handfull of salad leaves
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp seeded mustard
- ¼ bunch of thyme
- ½ cup pinenuts
- 50g shaved parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp parmesan, shaved
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Bake 2 salmon potions uncovered on baking paper in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine 2tbsp of olive oil, red wine vinegar, maple syrup and seeded mustard.
- In a pan on a low heat, add onion, the rest of your olive oil, thyme, and pine nuts; stir constantly for about 4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove salmon from oven, and carefully flake each portion into the pan, season to taste.
- Arrange salad leaves onto plates, and top with warm salmon mix from the pan
- Drizzle dressing over salad and top with shaved parmesan, serve and enjoy!
We often hear about the link between a high intake of Omega-3 fats and healthy skin because Omega-3 fats are heavily involved in new cell development, acting like an inbuilt moisturiser for the skin. We don't often hear that salmon is also a super source of Vitamin E, providing almost half of our daily requirement in a single serve. Vitamin E is one of the most powerful antioxidants we can consume, helping to fight off free radical molecules and give our skin, hair and nails a Super Sparkle.