FESTIVE CRANBERRY POMEGRANATE & CHILLI SALMON
- 450g Tassal Fresh Tassie Salmon Side Skin-on
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chilli jam
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime sliced & cut in small wedges skin on
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 1 radicchio lettuce
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced skin on
- 1 blood orange, segmented
- 10 mint leaves, finely shredded
- 1 blood orange zested & juiced
- 40 mls extra virgin olive oil
- 40 mls white wine vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C. Heat Oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Cook salmon 1½ mins on each side, beginning with the skin side. Carefully turning with a large fish slide or egg lifter. Remove salmon from the pan and place onto a baking tray and finish cooking the side in the pre-heated oven 150°C for 10 mins.
- Combine the chilli jam, pomegranate juice, cranberry sauce and sweet chilli in the frying pan and heat stirring over a low heat until sauce is well combined and boiling. Add the Lime and pomegranate seeds.
- Remove salmon from the oven and place side onto a large serving platter. spoon over the sauce.
- Garnish with Lime wedges. Salad toss together the salad ingredients and dress just prior to serving with the shaken salad dressing and enjoy!
Notes: Sauce maybe prepared well ahead of time and kept in a large jar in the refrigerator until required. If Pomegranates are not available use raspberries or red currants.
Selenium is associated with keeping our immune system and thyroid working well, and helping to keep tissues healthy by preventing cell damage. This is a complement to healing and more of a preventative measure to try keep your body as healthy as possible by speeding up the process around muscle healing. The more we hear about selenium, the more we realise how good it is for us, and often our intake of this key nutrient is minimal due to low levels in Australian soil. A powerful antioxidant, selenium plays a cell roll is cellular functioning, helping the immune system to function at its best. One serve of salmon provides almost a third of your daily requirement of this powerful nutrient to boost your Super Immunity and help speed up the muscle healing process.