CREAMY SALMON RISOTTO
- 2 Tassal Hot Smoked salmon portions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups chicken stock, hot
- 2 lemons, finely grated rind & juice
- 100g spinach leaves, chopped
- 100g parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Dill sprigs to serve
- 1 lime, cut into wedges to serve
- Remove skin from Tassal Hot Smoke salmon potions and flake salmon into large chunks. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and sauté garlic for 1 minute. Add the Arborio rice to the pan and toast for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the lemon juice and rind to the stock. Add the stock one ladle at a time to the rice, stirring well after each addition until all of the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Stir in the spinach leaves and crème fraiche until well combined. Fold in the flaked salmon.
- Serve immediately seasoned with cracked pepper and garnish with sprigs of dill leaves and a wedge of lime.
The types of fat we eat have been linked to the way we feel for many years and now we know that it is the long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids; DHA and EPA, naturally found in salmon, which studies have shown play a key role in facilitating cellular communication and enhancing brain function. Not only is DHA a major structural component of the brain but Omega-3 fats have also been shown to be involved in the growth of new brain cells. Studies have also shown that individuals who consume oily fish regularly have less cognitive delay as they get older. This means that for a Super Happy, healthy brain, getting the whole family hooked on Omega-3 packed salmon is a no brainer.