SWEET & STICKY SALMON SKEWERS
- 4 Tassal fresh Tassie salmon fillets skin-off
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest*
- 1 garlic clove, minced*
- 5 Tbsp soy sauce*
- 4 Tbps dark brown soft sugar*
- 5 Tbsp water*
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil*
- 1 ground black pepper, to taste*
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 pack wooden skewers
- In a medium bowl, stir together lemon zest, garlic, pepper, soy sauce, sugar, water and vegetable oil until sugar dissolves. Soak the wooden skewers in a bowl of water.
- Cut salmon into batons (roughly 2.5cm x 5cm). Place salmon in the bowl with marinade and let sit in the refrigerator for 10-20 mins.
- Slide two salmon pieces onto each skewer and place the salmon in an oiled bake tray, basting salmon with some marinade.
- In a pre-heated oven, bake salmon for 10 mins at 200°C turning and basting the salmon with more marinade every 2-3 mins until cooked through.
- While the salmon is cooking, toast sesame seeds on a fry-pan until golden over medium heat for 2-3 mins, watch to avoid scorching.
- Remove salmon from the oven, top with toasted sesame seeds, serve and enjoy. Serve with sides of brown rice and blanched asparagus.
*Alternatively, grab a bottle of Honey & Soy marinade for the sauce aisle of the supermarket
Super salmon is rich in B Vitamins - B1, B3, B6 and B12 - the mix of which is involved in numerous co-dependent functions in the body. Super important for energy production, mood and memory, salmon is a clear superfood when it comes to keeping our minds working efficiently and keeping us Super Productive with studies showing Vitamin B6 in particular is associated with energy production and brain function.