SALMON WITH SPINACH AND QUINOA SALAD
- 2 x 260g Tassal Fresh Tassie Salmon portions
- 1 cup red quinoa, cooked
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 4 small spring onion, green part only, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ lemon
- On a pre-heated fry-pan, cook the salmon fillets for 2-3 mins, squeezing lime juice over the top side before turning cooking for a further 2-3 mins and remove from the pan to rest.
- Combine the quinoa with the tomatoes, onions and spinach in a large bowl.
- Serve Tassal salmon portions, dress with lemon and olive oil and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of dietitian Susie Burrell
We often hear about the link between a high intake of Omega-3 fats and healthy skin because Omega-3 fats are heavily involved in new cell development, acting like an inbuilt moisturiser for the skin. We don't often hear that salmon is also a super source of Vitamin E, providing almost half of our daily requirement in a single serve. Vitamin E is one of the most powerful antioxidants we can consume, helping to fight off free radical molecules and give our skin, hair and nails a Super Sparkle.