SALMON WITH POTATO & ASPARAGUS SALAD
- 260g Tassal Marinated Tassie Salmon in Mustard & Dill Sauce
- 3 medium potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to serve
- Lemon, slices to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling water for 20 mins, until just tender. Steam asparagus in steamer above potato's for 4 mins.
- Meanwhile place salmon on a lined baking tray and bake for 12-15mins.
- Drain potato's and cool slightly, cut into wedges. Place in a bowl with lettuce and asparagus.
- Combine mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl, gradually whisk in oil. Drizzle over salad.
- Serve potato salad with salmon and enjoy!
The types of fat we eat have been linked to the way we feel for many years and now we know that it is the long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids; DHA and EPA, naturally found in salmon, which studies have shown play a key role in facilitating cellular communication and enhancing brain function. Not only is DHA a major structural component of the brain but Omega-3 fats have also been shown to be involved in the growth of new brain cells. Studies have also shown that individuals who consume oily fish regularly have less cognitive delay as they get older. This means that for a Super Happy, healthy brain, getting the whole family hooked on Omega-3 packed salmon is a no brainer.