SALMON & VEGGIE BITES
- 260g Tassal Fresh Tassie salmon, skin-off
- 200g sweet potato
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 190°C, and peel the sweet potato and chop into large chunks. Place water in a saucepan with steamer over the top with sweet potato in it. Steam sweet potato for 5-10 mins until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Chop salmon into large chunks and place salmon, cooked sweet potato and dill in a food processor. Blitz until smooth.
- Transfer salmon mixture to a large bowl and mix through carrot and zucchini.
- With wet hands, form the mixture into 24 balls. Place onto an oven tray and spray with olive oil (or place in mini muffin trays).
- Cook for 20 mins, cool and pack in a lunchbox and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Kidgredients
We often hear about the link between a high intake of Omega-3 fats and healthy skin because Omega-3 fats are heavily involved in new cell development, acting like an inbuilt moisturiser for the skin. We don't often hear that salmon is also a super source of Vitamin E, providing almost half of our daily requirement in a single serve. Vitamin E is one of the most powerful antioxidants we can consume, helping to fight off free radical molecules and give our skin, hair and nails a Super Sparkle.