SALMON PATTIES WITH SALAD
- 3 x 95g Tassal Premium Tasmanian Roasted Atlantic Salmon in Springwater, drained
- 1/3 cup sweet potato, cooked
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated (if moist, squeeze out excess moisture)
- 1 spring onion
- 1 Tbsp almond meal
- 1 egg
- Juice and zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp capers, chopped
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 2 cups mixed salad leaves
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- Lemon juice to dress leaves
- Mix Tassal salmon, sweet potato, zucchini, spring onions, almond meal, eggs, lemon zest, juice, parsley, capers, Dijon, salt and pepper together in a bowl and place in fridge to chill for 20 mins.
- Shape chilled mixture into patties and put in fridge to chill for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in a non-stick fry-pan on medium heat and fry patties for 5 mins each side.
- Serve with salad & enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of dietician Susie Burrell
We often hear about the link between a high intake of Omega-3 fats and healthy skin because Omega-3 fats are heavily involved in new cell development, acting like an inbuilt moisturiser for the skin. We don't often hear that salmon is also a super source of Vitamin E, providing almost half of our daily requirement in a single serve. Vitamin E is one of the most powerful antioxidants we can consume, helping to fight off free radical molecules and give our skin, hair and nails a Super Sparkle.