ROAST PUMPKIN SALMON WITH FETA AND SPINACH SALAD
- 2 Tassal Salmon portions, skin-off
- 400g pumpkin, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, left whole with skin on
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ lemons, juiced
- 200g baby spinach leaves or rocket
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 25g slivered almonds
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 100g cous cous, cooked
- Bunch of asparagus, blanched & refreshed
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
Cut salmon and pumpkin into 3cm cubes.
- Place pumpkin and garlic on an oven tray, and season with salt and olive oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove and allow to cool. Mix lemon and oil together and then add the salmon. Cook salmon in a pan on medium heat and then let cool
- In a bowl, combine spinach, shallot, almonds, feta, garlic, cous cous, asparagus and pumpkin. Toss salmon through salad and coat with dressing.
We often hear about the link between a high intake of Omega-3 fats and healthy skin because Omega-3 fats are heavily involved in new cell development, acting like an inbuilt moisturiser for the skin. We don't often hear that salmon is also a super source of Vitamin E, providing almost half of our daily requirement in a single serve. Vitamin E is one of the most powerful antioxidants we can consume, helping to fight off free radical molecules and give our skin, hair and nails a Super Sparkle.