- 4 Tassal salmon portions, skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 continental cucumber, thinly sliced length ways into ribbons
- 5 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 50g pickled pink ginger
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 wedges of lime, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170ºC. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes and place the Tassal salmon portions into the pan skin side down. Cook for 2 minutes each side.
- Place the salmon on an oven tray and cook in the pre-heated oven for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Combine the cucumber, spring onions, ginger and shredded carrot together in a large bowl.
- To Serve: Divide the salad evenly between 4 serving plates. Arrange the salmon decoratively over the salad and drizzle over the hoisin sauce. Serve garnished with wedges of lime.
Getting the right mix of good fats into our diet each day is important for everyone, in particular for the brains of infants, toddlers and children. Developing brains of small children require a regular intake of Omega-3's to help promote healthy brain function. Salmon is also a rich source of B12 which is associated with a Super Memory, helping to promote memory function and concentration.