MOROCCAN SPICED SALMON WITH CORN SALSA
- 4 Tassal Fresh Tassie Salmon, Skin-on
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of chili powder
- Corn Salsa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Cobs of corn
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 200g Rocket
- Combine the paprika, cumin, cinnamon and chilli powder in a small bowl. Then toss the salmon fillets in the spice mix and oil to ensure it is all covered. Cover and allow to sit in the fridge to marinate for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile to make the salsa, brush the corn with oil and then grill it on a high heat in a griddle pan or on the BBQ. Turn the corn occasionally to ensure all sides cook evenly, this should take about 7 mins. Once the corn is cool, cut the kernels away from the cob and combine in a bowl with halved cherry tomatoes, finely chopped red onion and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick saucepan, and then place the salmon skin down in the pan. Cook for 3-4 mins, or until the salmon begins to cook half way up the sides. Then reduce the heat and flip the salmon and cook for a further 2mins.
- Allow resting for 2 mins, while you serve the salad. Place 50g of rocket on each plate, top with a piece of salmon and corn salsa and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Shelley Good Eats
The types of fat we eat have been linked to the way we feel for many years and now we know that it is the long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids; DHA and EPA, naturally found in salmon, which studies have shown play a key role in facilitating cellular communication and enhancing brain function. Not only is DHA a major structural component of the brain but Omega-3 fats have also been shown to be involved in the growth of new brain cells. Studies have also shown that individuals who consume oily fish regularly have less cognitive delay as they get older. This means that for a Super Happy, healthy brain, getting the whole family hooked on Omega-3 packed salmon is a no brainer.