GREEK SALMON KEBABS
- 2 Tassal salmon fillets, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 1 tbsp greek seasoning
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- Pita bread, to serve
- ½ cup tzatziki sauce
- Combine oil, lemon rind and juice, seasoning and parsley in a non-metallic bowl and mix well.
- Place the cubed salmon in the marinade and leave for up to 20 minutes.
- Thread the salmon, capsicum and zucchini alternately onto metal skewers, reserving the marinade for basting.
- Heat the griddle plate or BBQ for 2 minutes on a medium heat and cook the skewers for 3–4 mins basting with left over marinade and turning frequently.
- Remove the salmon and vegetables from the skewers and serve on warm pita bread with tossed Greek salad (combining all leftover salad ingredients) and tzatziki sauce.
Salmon is a great natural source of Vitamin E; a nutrient which studies have shown are crucial for maintaining Super Vision. Salmon is also a source of a number of powerful antioxidants including lutein, zeaxanthin and astaxanthin specifically known for their link to eye health with regular consumption of Omega-3 rich fish is associated with a reduced risk of developing macular degeneration in the eye.