CRISPY SKIN SALMON WITH PUMPKIN PUREE & BLACK RICE
- 2 Tassal fresh Salmon portions, skin-on
- 250g black rice
- 300g pumpkin, diced
- 100ml water
- 30g butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup kale, steamed
- 30g dried cranberries
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook black rice as per packet instructions.
- Add diced pumpkin to a medium saucepan of water and cook pumpkin until soft. Drain and transfer to a bowl and mix or use a food processor, adding 100ml of water and mixing until smooth, add butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon skin side down onto a pre-heated fry-pan with oil and cook for 2-3 mins until crisp. Turn salmon and cook for another 2-3 mins, or to your liking.
- Serve salmon with pumpkin puree on rice with kale and dried cranberries sprinkled on top and enjoy!
*Please note: the bat is a decorative addition for Halloween, and not part of the recipe.
Salmon is a great natural source of Vitamin E; a nutrient which studies have shown are crucial for maintaining Super Vision. Salmon is also a source of a number of powerful antioxidants including lutein, zeaxanthin and astaxanthin specifically known for their link to eye health with regular consumption of Omega-3 rich fish is associated with a reduced risk of developing macular degeneration in the eye.