AUSSIE SUMMER SALMON PLATTER
- 2 x 460g Packets of Tassal Salmon (6-8 fillets)
- ½ lemon
- 1 sprig dill
- 1 cos lettuce
- 2 bunch asparagus
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 2 precooked beetroots
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 100g Light Cream Cheese
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper, place salmon fillets on the tray at least 1inch apart. Squeeze lemon juice over the salmon fillets and sprinkle with dill. Cook in the oven for 10 mins. If you prefer your salmon cooked all the way through, keep in the oven for 2-3 mins longer. Remove the last inch of each asparagus stalk, as this part is tough, in the last 3 mins of the salmon cooking, add the asparagus on top of the salmon to cook slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the platter; separate the cos lettuce leaves, wash and dry. Halve the cherry tomatoes, thinly slice the beetroot, cucumber and red onion.
- Cut the avocado length ways and scoop out of the skin, then thinly slice. Finally, slice the cheeks off of the mango and use a small paring knife to cut 4 vertical lines, then 4 horizontal lines, ensuring the knife doesn’t go all of the way through the skin.
- Layer all the vegetables and salmon on a large platter, serve with cream cheese and capers and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Shelley Good Eats
Selenium is associated with keeping our immune system and thyroid working well, and helping to keep tissues healthy by preventing cell damage. This is a complement to healing and more of a preventative measure to try keep your body as healthy as possible by speeding up the process around muscle healing. The more we hear about selenium, the more we realise how good it is for us, and often our intake of this key nutrient is minimal due to low levels in Australian soil. A powerful antioxidant, selenium plays a cell roll is cellular functioning, helping the immune system to function at its best. One serve of salmon provides almost a third of your daily requirement of this powerful nutrient to boost your Super Immunity and help speed up the muscle healing process.